Sunday, June 11, 2006

Scent of a Woman

The last time I wrote about a film I watched at home, it was 'The Searchers" strarring John Wayne. This time I write to tell you about "Scent of a Woman" starring Al Pacino. "Scent of a Woman" is not a great film, it's alright, and overall a good smooth story, but what makes this film worth seeing is Al Pacino. Last night was my second viewing of this film, I first saw it six or seven years ago. It is truly amazing to see the range of an actor like Pacino, in just one film. This role inspires hate, love, pity and contempt all in the span of a few minutes. My favorite scene is at a resturaunt, where Pacino dances the tango with a woman who is waiting for someone else. The scene is just enjoyable to watch, then you factor in the depth of the character thus far, the foreshadowing of what is to come and the perfomance in this one scene, and it makes you appreciate it even more. Pacino may be my favorite actor, well after Bogart of course, but I think I can safely say his roles demonstrate that he is a better actor than Bogart and quite possibly one of the greatest ever.

No comments: