Sunday, June 18, 2006

The Prarie Home Companion

I saw this movie a week ago, and didn't write about it because it wasn't really anything special. Now you're probably wondering what in the world a twenty-something, trendy, hip, cool guy like me was doing going to see The Prarie Home Companion in the first place. I do have an excuse, actually two: On Saturday mornings when I'm in line at the bank drive-through, sometimes I listen to the radio show on NPR, or maybe I'm listening to Car Talk, anyways, at some point durring the week I find myself listening to The Prarie Home Companion on the radio, and I like that guy's voice. When he's talking I am interested, whenever he stops and it moves on to music, the channel is changed. The other reason is that Robert Altman directed it, I like that Gosford Park, so I thought I would give it a try. Well, they had the guy with the voice, so I wan't dissapointed on that front, and Robert Altman directed the film in an interesting way that at least kept me awake. Other than that it pretty much was, well, not anything special.

No comments: