Sunday, June 18, 2006

Nacho Libre

The anticipation is over, and I was not dissapointed. I wasn't blown away either, but it's probably my own fault for anticipating so much in the first place. Will I ever learn my lesson? Superman can't possibly be as good as I hope it will be, usually the only thing that usually dosn't dissapoint are those movies that I'm sure will suck that turn out alright. Like the next movie I saw after Nacho Libre. Well, you'll have to read about that next, right now we're talking about Nacho Libre in case you forgot.

It was funny, as funny as the trailers and then some. Jack black stayed in character throughout the whole movie, an interesting cross between a Mexican priest and a pop culture influenced typical male. I loved the use of slang within the context of spiritual issues. The wrestling, the relationships, the singing, the facial expressions while riding his "chariot" and of course the baptismal scene. It was a hilarious movie, perhaps the funiest I've seen since Napolean Dynamite. of course there haven't been any funny movies since Napolean Dynamite, so whatever.

No comments: