Saturday, March 01, 2008

Semi-Pro

Last week I talked about "Vantage Point's" trailer being better than the movie itself. This week I found that the funniest parts of "Semi-Pro" had been compacted into it's theatrical trailer. Actually the Bud Light commercial and the Old Spice spot were probably funnier per-capita than this movie, and that's too bad. When Jess and I went to se "Juno" a few weeks ago, we both were laughing out loud throughout the whole film. I hardly remember laughing at all last night, and the one time I remember was when Tim Meadows realized he had been shot. (As a side note; whenever Tim Meadows says something I laugh). Now I must admit that I didn't go into this movie as a big Will Ferrel, but even when I haven't liked the overall movie (like "Old School" "Anchorman" and "The Wedding Crashers") there's always been a hilarious, memorable sequence in each of his movies. This time it just wasn't the case.

No comments: