Sunday, May 23, 2010

Lost

Here's my problem tonight...

I believe that there is no ambiguity when it comes to eternity. I believe that peace can be found through only one path. And when the end comes, it will not be subtle, no one will doubt at the end.

Now I have enjoyed "Lost" with all its twists and turns. I like wondering what's going to happen next, then after seeing what happpens, wondering what in the world I just saw. I enjoy that the show always left room for discussion and it was refreshing to see television that was truly interesting.

In the end I'm afraid that the show took the easy way out. Kind of like the Obama advisor who will not acknoledge Islamic extremism as a threat. It would be nice to live in a world where every belief leads to some euphoric afterlife. Can't we all just get along? Unfortunately the truth can be hard to swallow. What do they say about broad and narrow roads? Anyways, maybe "Lost" would have finished better taking sides. I kind of thought that's what the show was about.

1 comment:

Edwardo Crum said...

Claire's baby was born again.