Sunday, May 28, 2006

X-Men 3

It wasn't the first X-Men, and it wasn't the second X-Men either, but it was still alright. I wasn't as excited to see the characters brought to life, that happened in the first film. I wasn't as blown away by the action and energy, that was the second film. This film didn't have the power in an underlying message as the first two films did. What this film had going for it were the things I didn't expect. Good-bad, bad-good, life, death, let's just say this is the movie so far this year that you probably should stay in the theater until the credits are comletely finished, if you don't, well you will be sorry. I probably should have learned my lesson by now about sequels. I really shouldn't compare them to the original, merely enjoy them on their own merits. Then again, maybe I should avoid sequels altogether and have that original good impression be the only one I have... I can't wait for Indiana Jones 4 and Die Hard 4, those are going to be sweet!

2 comments:

Nate said...

I didn't stay till the end, and I had Jon tell me what happened. I wish I had read this first, but I guess that that's too late.

Edwardo Crum said...

If homosexuals could summon lightning, sprout pegasus wings, and teleport I would see the comparison, but don't you think that's a bit of a stetch? Well maybe they are like Cyclops, he's pretty gay.