Sunday, March 12, 2023

Best Picture 2023

I would recommend Top Gun: Maverick to anyone looking to watch an uplifting film.  Somehow The Banshees of  Inisherin was my favorite of the all the nominees.  From a filmmaking perspective, it is a very difficult year, with Avatar, Banshees, The Fabelmans, Top Gun, and Triangle of Sadness all bringing something unique to the table.  That being said, I believe that Avatar: The Way of Water clearly did the most to advance the art of filmmaking, and for that reason could be considered the best film of the ten nominated for Best Picture this year - click on the link below to read my review.  If you're interested in my opinions on the other nine films, they're here too.

All Quiet on the Western Front

Avatar: The Way of Water

The Banshees of Inisherin

Elvis

Everything Everywhere All at Once

The Fabelmans

Tár

Top Gun: Maverick

Triangle of Sadness

Women Talking

No comments: