Monday, December 17, 2007

Batman Trailer

I just recently saw "I Am Legend", but before the movie started, they showed a preview that I just had to talk about. Soon I'll get to the "Legend" review, but this is what's on my mind now: The new Batman trailer is more than worth the price of admission. I hesitate to say too much, but let's just say that any aprehension I had about Heath Ledger has been washed away. Jack Nicholson's portrayal of the Joker speaks for itself, and I believe it will stand the test of time. At the same time his performance and that movie only scratched the surface of the Batman and Joker rivalry. Burton explained the situation in relatively simple terms, Batman as tromented orphan searching for revenge, Joker as a twisted killer, hungry for fame and power. What made the film great was Nicholson's Joker, its dark comic storyline, it's tounge-in-cheek humor and of course the beautiful visual style. Christopher Nolan is digging deeper into the mind of Bruce Wayne, and hopefully his approach to Joker will be on par. If the feel of the newest trailer along with Nolan's track record can give us a glimpse into what is coming, then I truly believe that "The Dark Knight" is going to be the film to see this coming Summer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been waiting for this movie for a very long time. I'm excited that there's a full trailer out now. Though I will definitely have to take someone with me, because it looks scary.